Thread: Recruitment Of JRF @ NPOL, Kochi

Thanks

Recruitment Of JRF @ NPOL, Kochi

NAVAL PHYSICAL AND OCEANORAPHIC LABORATORY
    MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
    DEFENCE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATION
    THRIKKAKARA P.O.
    KOCHI 682 021

Applications are invited from candidates fulfilling the conditions stipulated below for the appointment of three project Fellows at Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL), Kochi. These postings are initially for two years and can be extended for one more year. The selected candidates are expected to carry out research in physical oceanography and marine meteorology, covering the areas like sea surface waves, ocean currents and surface winds using satellite scatterometer and OCM data as well as insitu observations from the sea.

(a) Qualification Required : M.Sc (Physical Oceanography or Meteorology) OR M.Tech (Atmospheric Science or Ocean Technology). Knowledge in computer programming and numerical methods of analysis is desirable.
    (b) Age : Maximum age of 28 years as on the date of applying. In case of SC/ST and OBC, the necessary age relaxation will be given.
    (c) Candidates will be recruited as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) based on their performance in the interview, research experience and national written tests passed like NET/UGC/GATE etc. The monthly stipend in the first two years for JRF is Rs.12000 + 15% HRA and the stipend is likely to be enhanced for the final year depending on the performance of the candidates.

Offer of the above post is for a maximum period of three years and does not confer any claim or right for regular employment in this laboratory or any center/unit of DRDO. The right of premature termination of any of the above posts solely rests with the Director, NPOL by giving one month notice.

ATTENTION : WALK -IN INTERVIEW AT ATMOSPHERIC DEPARTMNT OF COCHIN UNIVERSITY, KOCHI ON 25/06/08 at 2.00 pm. Please be present with filled application form and originals certificates
    Candidates who cant attend the interview may please call in 0484-2572609 to know more details. One more walk-in interview will be held at Andhra university. Will get back with date.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anand For This Useful Post:

alimuddin shaik (23rd June 2008)

Thanks
    hai,can u tell me what are the placements for M.tech(atmospheric science)

Thanks

Next Walk In Interview For Jrf(npol)

WALK -IN INTERVIEW AT ATMOSPHERIC DEPARTMENT OF COCHIN UNIVERSITY, KOCHI was held as i mentioned. About 8-10 students attended.

Next WALK -IN INTERVIEW is at OCEAN & ATMOSPHERIC DEPARTMENT, ANDHRA UNIVERSITY ON 8TH JULY 2008.
    Please be present with filled application form and originals certificates.

NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OCEAN TECHNOLOGY,chennai
    Thanks
    Is There Any Interviews Regarding This After July Mnth?

Thanks
    hi anand anna i am mani from viruthachalam i finish my p.g course (m.sc, ocean science&technology) i want job pls help me na..............

Thanks

Interviews are over

Hai,

For the posts mentioned in this thread all interviews are over. will post if any new posts are there.

Good luck

Anand