- Date of Birth
- August 1
- Rashmi C Vinayak
- Location/Research Institute:
- NIO, Goa
- Research Interests:
- MARINE DRUGS, BIOTECHNOLOGY, SEAWEEDS, CANCER
- Interests, Hobbies:
- Reading books, sketching and research
- MSc/PhD Thesis:
- Evaluation of Anticancer activities in Indian Seaweeds - A study
- MSc/PhD Institute & Batch [Years of study]:
- Ph.D, BOD, National Institute of Oceanography
- Peer-Reviewed publications (From the most recent first):
• Vinayak, Rashmi C.; A.S., Sabu; and Chatterji, Anil (2010) “Bio-screening of a few green seaweeds from India for their cytotoxic and antioxidant potential,” Journal of Science of Food and Agriculture: Communicated (Under Review).
• Vinayak, Rashmi C.; A.S., Sabu; and Chatterji, Anil (2010) "Bio-Evaluation of Two Red Seaweeds for Their Cytotoxic and Antioxidant Activities In Vitro," Journal of Complementary and Integrative Medicine: Vol. 7: Iss. 1, Article 42.
• Vinayak, Rashmi C.; A.S., Sabu; and Chatterji, Anil (2010) “Bio-Prospecting of a Few Brown Seaweeds for Their Cytotoxic and Antioxidant Activities,” Evidence based complementary and alternative medicine: doi:10.1093/ecam/neq024
Presentations in conferences:
• Rashmi C. Vinayak, Shilpa P, Anil Chatterji and Bharati Salimath Bioprospecting of Stoechospermum marginatum (C. Agardh) Kutzing – A brown seaweed from the west coast of Goa for its Anticancer activity. National Conference on Plant Biodiversity and Bioprospecting, Department of Botany, Mysore University, Mysore, India; 16-17th March, 2009 (Poster Presentation).
• Rashmi C. Vinayak and Anil Chatterji. (2007). Screening for cytotoxic activity in commercially important Indian seaweed, Stoechospermum marginatum. National Symposia on Diversity and Life Processes from Ocean and Land, Department of Zoology, Goa University, Goa, India; pp 36-41. (www.unigoa.ac.in/zoology) (Paper Presentation published as Proceedings).
• Rashmi C. Vinayak and Anil Chatterji. (2006). Antiproliferative and antioxidant activities of seaweed, Stoechospermum marginatum (C. agardh) Kutzing. In 7th Asia Pacific Marine Biotechnology Conference, National Institute of Oceanography, Cochin, Kerala, India; 2-5th November, 2006 (Abstract).
- Contact Address:
- Ms Rashmi Vinayak M.Sc, PhD
Faculty at Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology,
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 21st February 2014
- Join Date
- 1st January 2011