- Date of Birth
- July 21, 1970 (46)
- Mohammed Al Saafani
- Location/Research Institute:
- Sana'a University
- Lecturer at Dept. Earth and Environmental Siences, Sana'a University, Yemen
- Research Interests:
- Ocean dynamics
- MSc/PhD Thesis:
- PhD thesis title is: Physical Oceanography of the Gulf of Aden.
- MSc/PhD Institute & Batch [Years of study]:
- MSc 2002, Goa University, India
- 1. Shankar, D, S. G. Aparna, J. P. McCreary, I. Suresh, S. Neetu, F. Durand, S. S. C. Shenoia, M. A. Al Saafani. Minima of interannual sea-level variability in the Indian Ocean. Progress in Oceanography, Vol. 84, 3-4, pp225-241. doi:10.1016/j.pocean.2009.10.002 (2010).
2. Al Saafani, M. A. (2008): Physical Oceanography of the Gulf of Aden. PhD thesis. Goa University, India.
3. Al Saafani, M. A., S. S. C. Shenoi , D. Shankar, M. Aparna, J. Kurian, F. Durand, and P. Vinayachandran, (2007): Westward movement of eddies into the Gulf of Aden from the Arabian Sea, J. Geophys. Res., 112, C11004, doi:10.1029/2006JC004020.
4. Al Saafani, M. A. and S. S. C. Shenoi (2007): Water masses in the Gulf of Aden. J. Oceanogr., 63, 1, 1-14.
5. Abubakr, M. M. and Al Saafani M. A. (2006): Coral Reefs in Yemen and the occurrence of coral bleaching in the Yemen Red Sea coral reefs. Sana'a University, Faculty of Science Bulletin, 19, 35-59.
6. Al Saafani, M. A. and S. S. C. Shenoi (2004): Seasonal cycle of hydrography in the Bab el Mandab region, Southern Red Sea. Proceedings Earth and Planetary Sciences. Vol 113,3, pp 269 - 280.
- Contact Address:
- Dept. of Earth and Environmental Sciences,
Faculty of Science, Sana'a University,
- Permanent Address:
- Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences,
Faculty of Science, Sana'a University
P . O . Box :- 13356
Republic of Yemen - Sana'a
Tel. : +967-1-607180
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 23rd November 2010
- Join Date
- 3rd January 2005