- Date of Birth
- March 29, 1979 (38)
- Roxy Mathew
- Location/Research Institute:
- Centre for Climate Change Research, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, India
- Research Interests:
- climate modeling, euro mediterranean climate variability, tropical intraseasonal variability, air sea interaction, asian monsoon, tropical midlatitude teleconnections
- Interests, Hobbies:
- reading/writing, nature conservation, traveling, photography, philately, numismatics
- trying to put the whole ocean in a sea shell and then put back the sea shell into the ocean
- MSc/PhD Thesis:
- PhD thesis: Role of SST in influencing the intraseasonal variability of the Asian summer monsoon.
MSc thesis: Variability of SST over the tropical Indian Ocean : Relation to tropical Pacific SST variability.
- MSc/PhD Institute & Batch [Years of study]:
- PhD, Hokkaido University 2004-07. MSc, POD, CUSAT 2000-2002.
- 1. Roxy M., Y. Tanimoto, B. Preethi, P. Terray and R. Krishnan, 2012: Intraseasonal SST-precipitation relationship and its spatial variability over the tropical summer monsoon region. Climate Dynamics, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-012-1547-1
2. Samala B. K., R. Krishnan and M. Roxy, 2012: Assessment of 1 month forecasts of weak Indian monsoons based on the NCEP Climate Forecast System (CFS). Meteorological Applications, 19 (2), 189-199, DOI: 10.1002/met.1331
3. Roxy M. and Y. Tanimoto, 2011: Influence of sea surface temperature on the intraseasonal variability of the South China Sea summer monsoon. Climate Dynamics, 39 (5), 1209-1218, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-011-1118-x
4. Roxy M., S. Gualdi, H-K L. Drbohlav and A. Navarra, 2010: Seasonality in the Relationship between El Nino and Indian Ocean Dipole. Climate Dynamics, 37 (1), 221-236, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-010-0876-1
5. Roxy M. and Y. Tanimoto, 2007: Role of SST over the Indian Ocean in influencing the intraseasonal variability of the Indian summer monsoon. J. Met. Soc. Japan, 85(3), 349-358, DOI: 10.2151/jmsj.85.349
6. Shenoi S.S.C., M. Roxy and co-authors, 2005: Hydrography and water masses in the southeastern Arabian Sea during March-June 2003, Journal of Earth System Science, 114(5), 475-491.
7. Roxy M. and S. R. Shetye, 2003, Evolution of thermocline off Kochi: a test of the role of local wind-forcing in driving of the coastal circulation. ARMEX Workshop on Data Analysis and Initial Scientific Results. NIOT, India, 2003.
- Contact Address:
- Centre for Climate Change Research
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology
Pashan, Pune 411008, India
Tel: +91 20 25904453 Cell: +91 9405015676
- Permanent Address:
+91 4822 237646
Showing Friends 1 to 10 of 16