PDA

View Full Version : sediment transport along kerala coast

ratheesh ramakrishnan
7th January 2005, 07:12 AM
I am intrested to study the sediment trasport along kerala coast .Latest notes or name of the sites from where I can download the datas are reqested to be submited

anand
7th January 2005, 08:19 AM
Dear,

i think this message will be replied by praseeda. Please contact her through her mail...
She is working on sediment of Kerala coast and she may know about the sediment transfer processes also

sharief77
7th January 2005, 08:50 PM
I am not sure what you are intending to study. Centre for Earth Science Studies, Trivandrum have been collecting data along the Kollam coast for years. From my experience with CESS I am pretty sure they will be able to help you. Contact N P Kurian, Head, Marine Science Division of CESS.

Good Luck with hunting data.

Sharief

satheeshmenon
8th January 2005, 05:04 AM
I am intrested to study the sediment trasport along kerala coast .Latest notes or name of the sites from where I can download the datas are reqested to be submited

Hai ratheesh

I think you are searching for a data set. You can contact with Mr.Muralikrishnan, research fellow in CESS Trivandrum. He can give more suggestions about this matter. Now he is in Cannanore for some field trip related to Tsunami studies.So you can contact one or two days later.You can proceed things officialy. Thats the best way to get data set. So proceed officialy.

anand
8th January 2005, 11:33 AM
What satheesh said is right, you can have more news from CESS people. In NIO, Kochi, praseeda is doing the work, still i dont think she can provide data. But she can give you some usful notes and all
i can give you CESS people address or phone numbres. if needed you can ask it.
just go to the site http://www.cessind.org/
good luck
Anand

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==