PDA

View Full Version : odv

tunakaskati
31st December 2005, 12:24 PM
Hi everybody,
I try to make new coastal and batymetry map on the ocean data view, however, I can't get any results. If someone apply the this process succesfully, tell me their hints or anything else..
Program mention about the ctdtocnv exe, but I can't work on this on the windows xp..
need help
sincerely
Tuna KASKATI
geo.eng.

B. Jena
2nd January 2006, 07:21 PM
Dear Tuna KASKATI,

In ODV, new bathymetry map can be generated well by taking variety of data format as input, but I feel that your question is not clear at all. I regret to point out your sentence “Program mention about the ctdtocnv exe, but I can't work on this on the windows xp...” What you mean to say?

I could not understand that which program of ODV is not working in windows xp? ODV works well in windows xp. I guess that you might have bathymetry data in *.CNV format(CTD data) which is the default extension used as output for all the SEASOFT modules of CTD Sea bird software. You need to mention clearly about your data format whether you have raw data (CTD data) in binary form and you want to convert it into *.CNV and subsequently you want to plot in ODV? Or you have Converted ASCII output file of SEASOFT module (CTD data) and you want to plot it in ODV? Or I have mistaken your query? Or you are using WOCE hydrographic data?

Regards
Jena

tunakaskati
5th January 2006, 07:08 PM
Dear Jena
I would try to explain once more my problem is not related with the cnv data plotting on the ODV. Problem is how can I reproduce the new coastal and batymetric map in the program. I have some numeric data of coastal line in our area but I can not create new map of our places.
There are some explanation under the help button hovewer I could not achieve. It is absolutely that ODV is working on the xp :) pls send me your idea if you have any solution...
best regards
Tuna KASKATI

B. Jena
6th January 2006, 07:06 PM
I may help you if you can send your example data file.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==