PDA

View Full Version : Data Assimilation

tarumay.iit
7th June 2011, 03:20 PM
Respected All ,

I want to work on ocean data assimilation and specially with 3d and 4d var problems. For this I want to learn Kalman filter , Genetic algorithm. Can some body please help me to get link or name of any book dealing with these special applications in the field of data assimilation. I shall be grateful to that person.

with regards
Tarumay
Ph.D scholar
CORAL
I.I.T Kharagpur

blmadhavan
22nd October 2012, 03:33 AM
Hi,

Below are some of the article which can help you: (May be you might have gone through these articles)
1. "Data Assimilation for Numerical Weather Prediction: A Review" by Ionel M. Navon
2. "The Ensemble Kalman Filter: theoretical formulation and practical implementation: by Geir Evensen, Ocean Dynamics (2003), 53, 343-367.
3. "Data Assimilation in meteorology and Oceanography" by Michael Ghill and Paola Malanotte-Rizzoli, Advances in Geophysics, vol. 33, 141-266.
4. "Assimilation of Observations, an Introduction" by Olivier Talagrand, Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan, Vol. 75, No. 1B, 191-209 (1997).

I have some more lecture notes of Dr. Olivier Talagrand, which can help you. I cannot attach because they occupy large space.

Best wishes,
Madhavan

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==