PDA

View Full Version : How to openand read .netCDF and .HDF files in MATLAB?

blmadhavan
13th March 2009, 06:50 AM
Hi,

I would like to know how to open .netCDF, .HDF files in MATLAB and how to read the ASCII data from those files. Mostly, these type of files come across in Satelite data retrievals. I also wish to know any other data file formats which can be opened or converted to ASCII in MATLAB?

Also, I would like to know is there any readily available algorithm to select a grid from the global data set that we get from the satellite data file?

Hope someone who have experienced such problem can help me and I welcome suggestions in this regard...

With regards,
B.L.MADHAVAN

bosomfriend
14th March 2009, 11:48 PM
Hi,

I would like to know how to open .netCDF, .HDF files in MATLAB and how to read the ASCII data from those files. Mostly, these type of files come across in Satelite data retrievals. I also wish to know any other data file formats which can be opened or converted to ASCII in MATLAB?

There were some posts for this issue.
http://www.oceanographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514

Also, I would like to know is there any readily available algorithm to select a grid from the global data set that we get from the satellite data file?

Not sure about the "grid" in your post. If you're meaning to obtain the data for a small domain, you can do that as long as you have the grid or longitude/latitude information for the global data. Interpolation may be necessary.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==