PDA

View Full Version : Modis Spectral Surface Albedo

blmadhavan
23rd February 2008, 05:36 PM
Hi frnds,
I am madhavan. I need a help from u. I need MODIS Spectral Surface albedo values for the period of May to August, 2005. These are needed for the Visakhapatnam location. I need these for the calculation of Aerosol radiative forcing using SBDART. Please help me. I could find a site of NASA from where i have seen the data:

http://modis.gsfc.nasa.gov/

next click on "Atmosphere"
Then click on the top "ALBEDO"
Then on the left side panel, click on 'HDF filles
Now we can see a FTP download link on the last in the webpages that is opened now.

I tried to download the data. but each file is more than 1GB as the global data is included in it. i find the files are very large and they r in '.tar' extension. Can any one help me to get atleast one spectral albedo data set for visakhapatnam grid region during the period mentioned above?

This is a very urgent task ahead of me. Please take time to help me.........

With regards,

yours Sincerely
B.L.MADHAVAN

imuhammedad
27th February 2008, 07:58 PM
Please identify your region in Lon/Lat format so that i can be able to get the data for you.

Imuhammedad

blmadhavan
2nd March 2008, 04:13 AM
Thanks for ur encouraging help. Our location is VISAKHAPATNAM (17.7 deg N, 83.3 deg E) along the east coast of INDIA. You can atleast give me the nearest spectral surface reflectance values if our location data is not available. Please resond to me as early as possible.

Thanking you,

With high regards,
B.L.MADHAVAN

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==